■ JOB OPENING ■
Copywriter / Editor for Public Relations and Grant Writing
(Job title to be determined, according to experience)
Artists at Risk (AR) / Perpetuum Mobile (PM)
ARTISTS at RISK (AR) is seeking native-English speaker or equivalent for the position of Copywriter / Editor for Grants and Reporting
ARTISTS at RISK (AR) is a non-profit organisation (equivalency determination as a 501c-3) active at the intersection of human rights and the arts. Since 2013, AR has built a mondial network of arts and non-profits, municipalities, states and international organizations to assist, relocate and fund artists who are at risk of persecution, oppression or fleeing war or terror. AR hosted artists in 26 locations in 19 countries globally, prior to the Ukraine war. Since the beginning of the Russian invasion, currently over 500 hosting institutions have joined the platform across Europe in order relocate and support the over 800 art practitioner at risk from Ukraine, and 250 dissident artists at risk of persecution, imprisonment, torture or worse from Russia and Belarus.
In coordination with partners and other networks, AR continues to build a broad horizontal network of AR-Safe Havens around the world, as a global advocate for art practitioners at risk. AR is dedicated to supporting persecuted art practitioners, facilitating their safe passage from their countries of origin, hosting them at AR-Residences and curating related projects, including the AR Pavilion.
To further support our ongoing efforts in light of global crises, we are searching for a Copywriter / Editor for Grants and Reporting. The position will play a central role in the organisation, working closely with the Co-Directors and other members of the AR Secretariat in coordinating AR/PM’s public relations strategy as well assisting with various internal tasks and procedures. The role does not demand extensive experience in the field of arts and/or human rights, though this may be of advantage.
- Drafting web and social media posts, press releases and longer-form original material for reports and applications.
- Professionally managing internal and external communications with a variety of partners. These can include press inquiries, communications with local and international institutions and partners in the arts and human rights, AR-Residencies, AR-Candidates, funding partners, etc.
- Some administrative responsibilities include occasional job announcements and guides. Contracts and grant applications will be handled in coordination with senior coordinators and directors.
- Native fluency in spoken and written English is required. Additional language skills are a plus, especially French and German.
- Strong experience in copywriting and grant reporting with proven writing skills.
- Extensive experience with relevant software (i.e., Google Suite, particularly Google Sheets/Excel).
- Experience in the fields of the arts and/or human rights is an advantage, but not required.
- The ability to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Independent thinking and close attention to detail are required. Experience in guiding a team on financial matters is a plus.
- Interest, indeed, enthusiasm in contributing to building and developing a steadily-growing international network-institution, with dozens of partnerships around the world.
- AR/PM employs several online software solutions and security measures, and you should be adept at the use and learning of new IT systems.
- Willingness to work across several funding, taxation and legal jurisdictions and enthusiasm to learn as you go.
Location: Online (anywhere, although time-zone differences play a role). Stable internet and own home-office equipment required. Shared AR/PM office facilities are in Lapinlahti, Helsinki.
Job hours: Part-time or full-time, depending on the agreement.
Please send your CV as a PDF together with an informal cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews with applicants will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. On-boarding will start at the earliest possible date.
Artists at Risk (AR) / Perpetuum Mobile (PM) looks forward to hearing from you!