Perpetuum Mobile (PM), which runs Artists at Risk (AR) is hiring an Assistant Financial Manager to assist with all aspects of financial management.
The Assistant Financial Manager will work closely with the Co-Directors and other members of the AR-Secretariat and PM’s chartered accountant. They will assist in managing multiple grants from municipalities, government ministries, national networks, international organisations, arts councils, private foundations, as well as funds from donations and fundraisers. Financial reporting to funders and budgeting projects, as well as internal accounting for the whole organisation is done in close cooperation with the external accounting office and auditors.
- Assisting in coordinating several network grants with donors and respective partner institutions
- Assisting in the overall management of existing grants, including budget writing and allocations (from the EU, the Nordic Council of Ministers, private foundations, ministries, UNESCO, Goethe Institute, SWAN Network, Andy Warhol Foundation, Teiger Foundation, etc)
- Financial reporting to funders
- Budgeting for fundraising as part of long-term preparations
- Managing receipts, invoices, payments and expenditures
- Internal accounting for the whole organisation in close cooperation with the external accounting office and auditors
- Strong analytical and administrative skills are the key requirement. Experience in grant management and financial administration is certainly a plus, but not a necessity.
- The ability to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent thinking and close attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm and being a fast learner.
- Experience with relevant software (i.e., Google Suite, particularly Google Sheets/Excel). AR/PM employs several online software solutions and security measures, and you should be adept at the use and learning of new IT systems.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Willingness to work across several funding, taxation and legal jurisdictions.
- Interest, indeed, enthusiasm in contributing to building and developing a fast-growing international network-institution with dozens of partnerships around the world.
- As our legal entity is based in Finland, knowledge of the Finnish language is a plus, but not a necessity.
- Additional language skills are a plus, especially French and German.
- Experience in the fields of the arts and/or human rights is an advantage, but not required.
Location: Online (although time-zone differences play a role).
A stable internet connection and own home-office equipment are required. Shared AR/PM office facilities are located in Helsinki.
Hours: According to agreement.
Submissions: Please send your CV as a PDF together with a short cover letter stating your qualifications, experience, proposal for remuneration and the date you could start to [email protected].
Application deadline: 15 October 2023
Interviews with applicants will be conducted on a rolling basis. On-boarding will start at the earliest possible date.
Artists at Risk (AR) / Perpetuum Mobile (PM) looks forward to hearing from you!
Perpetuum Mobile ry (PM), which runs ARTISTS at RISK (AR), is a non-profit organisation active at the intersection of human rights and the arts (501c-3 equivalency). Since 2013, AR has become a mondial network of artistic institutions, non-profits, municipalities, state institutions and international organisations to assist, relocate, and fund artists who are at risk of persecution or oppression, or are fleeing war or terror.