■ JOB OPENING ■
In-House IT Specialist / Web-Technician
Artists at Risk (AR) / Perpetuum Mobile (PM)
ARTISTS at RISK (AR) is looking for a committed and positive IT Specialist to join our small team, with a focus on maintenance of websites and small-scale IT systems, online and offline consumer software, and fixing individual problems. Attention to detail and independent thinking is a must. Fluency in English is a must.
Responsibilities and required skills:
- Advanced use of Google Workspace
- Google groups
- Google Drive management and permissions control
- Google forms and responses
- Protecting form/spreadsheet data from accidental user corruption
- Structural thinking about IT systems for staff and partner use with multiple generic emails
- Security evaluations of IT systems
- Web development (PM currently has 3 websites)
- WordPress (that’s what all PM websites use)
- General maintenance of the websites
- A current work-in-progress: rebuild the 3 websites using WP Multisite technology, with the following goals in mind:
- Cross-posting (syndication) between all websites
- Content sharing between all websites
- Unique user accounts (each person with only one account, which works on any website, according to the permissions set by the «network» administrator)
- Possibility to add new «child» websites to the network easily
- Web hosting administration
- Domain and DNS management
- Linux VPS configuration, management, backup and update
- Experience using Google Workspaces, MailChimp and other web-based user-end applications, and setting up new such systems for the AR Team’s use
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Manage Apache web server
- Manage SSL certificates
- Work with schedules tasks (cron)
- Manage firewall
- Manage user accounts and permissions
- FTP & SSH
- Basic image editing (mostly logos and cover images) and video editing a plus.
- Experience with Social Media and Advertising is a plus.
The ideal candidate for this position is skilled and knowledgeable about ITC, enjoys helping others and can work as a team player. With demonstrated experience in ITC you will be equally competent working independently and collaboratively, supporting the team with our full range of IT-support needs. You will be interested in contributing to building and developing our expanding institution while broadening your own horizons. A keen eye for detail is a must.
Duties of the IT Specialist/Technician will include overall management of AR/PM’s online servers; securing regular automated backups; technical support and problem-solving on the back-end of all institution pages/websites; managing, updating and establishing new security protocols as needed. See the list above for responsibilities of the job.
Location: Online. Stable internet required. Shared AR/PM office facilities are in Lapinlahti, Helsinki, but we will consider all applicants based within the European Union. Please note that we are looking for a candidate capable of dedicated, long-term commitment to a small, very busy and engaged organization.
Please send your CV as a PDF together with a short informal cover letter stating your qualifications, salary proposals and the date you could start to email@example.com.
Recruitment will be closed as soon as the role is filled.
Interviews with applicants will be conducted on a rolling basis. On-boarding will start at the earliest possible date.
Artists at Risk (AR) / Perpetuum Mobile (PM) looks forward to hearing from you!